Sunday, February 5, 2012

How do so many college students get the means to afford to travel?

With the economy the way it is I am surprised to see so many students traveling. How are they getting the money to study abroad and overseas? Also just regular trips. How can I get the money to do it? I don't come from a wealthy family but am dying to travel and see the world. I'm a sophomore at community college if that helps.How do so many college students get the means to afford to travel?Welcome to the club. Simply put, I don't see how people like us can. It is becoming the domain of spoiled rich brats who go to europe to look a historical site, not know what they are looking at, then go get drunk at a club. I know kids who have been to New Zealand 3 times in their college years.................THREE TIMES. I don't know how they do it. The furthest I am probably going to be able to travel after graduation might be 3/4 of the way across the U.S.



I'd love to travel and actually...........see the things I study about (History major) but I also feel I never will be able too unless I win the lottery or something like that. The only possible way I can see to do it is loans, but if these kids are pulling out loans to do these trips in college, I think people like us will be better off in the long term then they will be carrying all that debt (that is unless mommy and daddy just give them 5K to go snowboarding in New Zealand or to spend 2 weeks in France like some people I know)
  • minn kota
  • muffler
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment