Sunday, February 12, 2012

How safe is it to travel to Mexico? Some Military bases may restrict travel even on cruises.?

My family and I are booked on a cruise at the end of the month. I've payed for my vacation, thankfully purchased insurance too, but my base may implement a policy that states that military may not travel to Mexico at all.How safe is it to travel to Mexico? Some Military bases may restrict travel even on cruises.?I have many U.S. military friends that regularly travel to Mexico, they don't wear their uniforms of course. I live part time in Mexico and personally do not hesitate to recommend to others they come here. Yes, there are problems in Mexico as there are in the U.S. and there is no guarantee you will be 100% safe anywhere you go. But tourists are not the targets of these problems in Mexico and the kind people of Mexico rely on tourism. I'm sure you will find them very welcoming and happy you have visit their country. With that said, if your base has a (political) policy against the travel you might want to find out what they will do if you go against the policy.How safe is it to travel to Mexico? Some Military bases may restrict travel even on cruises.?If you have been watching the news then you know there is a pretty violent war taking place and even the tourist areas are being hit. There is no rational reason to go to Mexico at this time. It's too dangerous. Not worth the few dollars you would save by putting your life at risk. Military bases have their peoples best interest in mind and restricting travel to Mexico is a good idea. However, people should have enough sense to do that themselves. But it's up to you of course. There is no way I would endanger any of my family or myself by going to Mexico but if you decide against common sense to go then I wish you the best of luck.How safe is it to travel to Mexico? Some Military bases may restrict travel even on cruises.?The drug war and violence in Mexico is almost all restricted to the border towns...the rest of Mexico. esp. tourist destinations is perfectly safe. If the military restricts travel to Mexico they are ill-informed and overreacting to inaccurate news reporting. I am an American living in Mexico along with about one million other American and Canadian citizens...we are in no danger. We and the tourists who come are valued for the income we bring to Mexico. Come and have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment