Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is Venezuela a safe place to travel with family for a year?

Hi,

My husband has to travel to Caracas. He would need to work there for around a year.

Is it a safe place for me to travel especially with my 3 year old daughter?

How is the education there? I am concerned as she would need to start with her school by then.



Thanks.Is Venezuela a safe place to travel with family for a year?You and your family will probably be safer in Iraq, seriously. I cannot over-emphasize how dangerous life is in Caracas for the locals and for the "non-initiated" in the art of surviving in Caracas, they'll stick out like sore thumbs.

I can't fault the private schools, my daughter went to Kinder in Caracas in the late 1980s and the teachers are really dedicated. The problem, depending on where you live, is the infernal traffic jams in Caracas. Driving in Caracas will drive you insane in no time.

Please be safe and good luck.Is Venezuela a safe place to travel with family for a year?
Here's a recent article in Foreign Policy magazine on the situation in Venezuela. I recommend you read it and the also the articles on the subject that appear in The Economist site so that you have information beyond the anecdotal postings we make here:



http://www.foreignaffairs.com/鈥?/a>

Report Abuse

Is Venezuela a safe place to travel with family for a year?If you didn't know it sweety, Caracas is the most dangerous city in Latin America, and Venezuela has the biggest murder and kidnappings index in all Latin America.



It's the most dangerous place anywhere in Latin America look at the rankings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou鈥?/a>



And the news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGKPWlUfa鈥?/a> (look at this whole documentary to know more about your destination)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYztsvy_G鈥?/a>



It even beats Colombia and Bogot谩's indexes, but Colombia has improved a lot, so it's not that bad.Is Venezuela a safe place to travel with family for a year?
I was there on long vacationes. All I can say is that I love Venezuela now, and I plan to live there. But I have family there, and it is different for someone who does not know anyone. I would suggest that you learn spanish, that you get informed where are the safe areas. I think education should be good there ! Inform yourself as much as you can... I live in Europe. It is much more safe here, surely. But I love it there so much, that I do not mind a little more carefulness... It depends on you !Is Venezuela a safe place to travel with family for a year?I don't Know but I think Bangladesh is the safe place to travel with family.
  • art games
  • map of united states with cities
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment