Sunday, February 5, 2012

How much travel is involved in forensic anthropology?

I am thinking of getting my degree in forensic anthropology. How much will I have to travel and can I take my husband with me?How much travel is involved in forensic anthropology?Generally not a whole lot. If you are connected to a university and offer your services to coroners in the area, which most do, then you could be asked to travel to adjacent counties. Sometimes human remains are brought to you so you don't even have to travel at all.



The only time you'd be asked to travel a lot and for long periods of time would be if you joined an organization involved with international mass disasters, like the U.N., or those involved with the military like JPAC/CILHI. Forensic anthropologists that go to other countries for their work travel a lot and they are overseas for long periods of time. If you get involved in this sort of work, your spouse cannot come with due to the sensitive subject matter and occasionally the volatile political environment of the place.



If you don't want to travel much, stick with a university or medical examiner's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment