Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How do I get rid of the smell in travel mugs?

I have a stainless steel travel mug that I didn't rinse out right away on several occasions. Now, no matter how many times I wash it, I can't get rid of the smell! It's definitely not a good smell- it kind of smells rotten.How do I get rid of the smell in travel mugs?I know that smell... yuk! What you need to do is put a tablespoon or two of baking soda in the mug and fill it up with hot water - stir, and soak for awhile. If it's really bad, repeat a couple times and it should take care of it for you. This works for all plastic/metal cups, mugs, pitchers, etc... I use it on our plastic pitchers we use for koolaid or iced tea, and it removes that smell wonderfully!How do I get rid of the smell in travel mugs?
You could try using a little bleach and water. Then wash and rinse it real well. Or you could throw it out and buy a new one.How do I get rid of the smell in travel mugs?Bicarbonate of Soda (baking soda) 4 tablespoons fill it up and stir - if no results to your liking buy a new one
I use powdered Cascade detergent - put in a spoonful or 2 and fill the dish up with hot water and let is soak for awhile. If that doesn't work, try soaking with bleach water, or baking soda water.How do I get rid of the smell in travel mugs?Use bleach or buy a new one!How do I get rid of the smell in travel mugs?
wash it with fantastick multi purpose cleaner or soak it in bleach and water
i did a quick yahoo search %26gt;%26gt; http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=baking+鈥?/a> %26lt;%26lt; and found this site %26gt;%26gt; http://www.armhammer.com/myhome/room.asp鈥?/a> %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;



Clean %26amp; Deodorize Plastic Containers

Keep foods and beverages stored in plastic containers from tasting like a science experiment. Wash them with ARM %26amp; HAMMER庐 Baking Soda sprinkled on a clean damp sponge. For even tougher odors, just soak items in a solution of 4 tablespoons ARM %26amp; HAMMER庐 Baking Soda solution in 1 quart warm water.





also you can put in a little of the soda then add some vinegar and watch it bubble up, while it is bubbling its working , let it soak a bit then rinse well,,,



hope this helps you, i know its worked for me,



kayHow do I get rid of the smell in travel mugs?
1 part bleach to 10 parts water, let soak.
I would use backing soda and hot water. Backing soda isn't like bleach and if some of the backing soda is left in the cup it won't hurt you. Backing soda is a odor eater and can be used as a scrubbing powder.
try using vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment