Sunday, February 5, 2012

Does my dual citizenship infant need a passport to travel from Canada to the US and vice versa?

I will be having a baby later this year and we are planning a trip for just a couple weeks after she will be born. My husband and I are both US citizens that reside in Canada, so she will have dual citizenship before we go.

Does she still need a passport to travel? What other kind of documentation would she need?Does my dual citizenship infant need a passport to travel from Canada to the US and vice versa?It depends on your mode of travel. If you plan to fly she will need a U.S. passport, too. For land/sea travel U.S. and Canadian children below 16 years may travel on their birth certificate in lieu of passports.

http://www.dhs.gov/xprevprot/programs/gc鈥?/a> ..Does my dual citizenship infant need a passport to travel from Canada to the US and vice versa?I would imagine that she needs the same documents that you and your husband need. If you need a passport, then so will she.

No comments:

Post a Comment