Monday, January 30, 2012

Is it ok to travel during the 1st trimemster of pregnancy?

I'm aware that it is best to travel during the 2nd trimester of pregnancy and was wondering how high the chances of miscarrying when traveling during the 1st trimester? Back in November, I'd just found out I was pregnant (about 4 wks along) and traveled to the West Coast and Hong Kong for about 2 weeks. After that I went to my first prenatal visit and found out that I had miscarried. I was beyond devasted and was told not to blame myself. I couldn't help but think,"Maybe if I didn't travel, then I wouldn't have miscarried." Now my husband and I would like to try again (to conceive) next month, but we were thinking of traveling to the West Coast in July. That means if were were successful (on conceiving) I'd be about 8 or 9 wks along. Would it be safe to travel at that time? I'm just scared to miscarry again and what are the chances of that happening again?Is it ok to travel during the 1st trimemster of pregnancy?Yes it is safe to travel during 1st trimester. Im quite sure you miscarried because of something else. I travelled in the 1st trimester and was fineIs it ok to travel during the 1st trimemster of pregnancy?
My obgyn said it was fine to travel. I flew from coast to coast when I was about 7 weeks pregnant. Just get up and walk around a bit on the plane. I am sorry about your first m.c. but I don't think that travel was the issue. I was scared to travel, too, but my dr reassured me.Is it ok to travel during the 1st trimemster of pregnancy?Honey miscarrying has nothing to do with you traveling. It has to do with you body rejecting the embryo or fetus. So if you want to travel than by all means go ahead.
I traveled up till 7 months pregnant never had problems. I had twins with my 2nd pregnancy.Is it ok to travel during the 1st trimemster of pregnancy?I went on vacation to disney world when i was 10 weeks pregnant. We had booked the trip before i found out i was pregnant. I asked my doctor about traveling and she said it was perfectly safe to travel, just to make sure i got up and walked around while on the plane to promote good circulation. I am sure that your traveling is not what caused your miscarriage. Good luck trying again!!Is it ok to travel during the 1st trimemster of pregnancy?
I am sorry for about your miscarriage, A lot of women have the concept that miscarriages happen for something they do but scientifically speaking miscarriages happen most of the time within the first 15 weeks for many reasons the embryo may have had genetic problems in many cases can not continue remember that our body get rid of things that are no longer needed .The odds of that happening again are rare unless you suffer from a certain problem like a weak cervix or anything like that . Good Luck but i suggest you consult your doctor before traveling and stop feeling guilty trust me you are better off lossing a baby in the first stage of pregnacny that later in the 2nd or 3rd trimester !
yes it is okay to travel earlie in the pregnancy... the doctors usually say the flights wont let you on after 32 weeks... i looked into it, cuz i am currently in Hawaii and wanna go home to PA for the birth and i asked, and that is what they told me, so you are completely fineIs it ok to travel during the 1st trimemster of pregnancy?
Oh it is absolutely safe to travel during your first, second, and most of your third trimesters. Just make sure when you are close to your due date....at least a few weeks....dont travel anywhere too far, because there are always a chance that you may have the baby early.

No comments:

Post a Comment