Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cheaping ways to travel by train from midland to london in a regular basis?

Hello I'm preparing to get a job in London but I live in the midland!



So I'm preparing to travel to london everyday in the next year if not a few months at least I was wondering what's the cheapest way to do that?



Monthly ticket? Travel passes? And I have to think about the tube ticket as well when arrived in London!Cheaping ways to travel by train from midland to london in a regular basis?Firstly, can I point out that commuting from the Midlands to London every day is an absolutely crazy thing to do! It's totally nuts.



If I lived in the Midlands, I would (a) find a job in the Midlands or (b) move closer to London.



If you're not willing to do that, an annual season ticket is probably the cheapest way to do this (you can buy monthly ones, but annual works out cheaper). For journeys to London, I believe you can get a season ticket "to zone (whatever)" so it's valid on the Tube as well.



Also, you could save money by buying a season ticket for a specific operator - if you're travelling from the West Midlands for example, a season for London Midland trains would be a lot cheaper than one which is valid for Virgin trains as well.



No matter what ticket type you get though, a season ticket will take a big chunk out of your annual salary (unless you're a banker in the City or something, earning hundreds of thousands). Once you factor in the reduced quality of life you have with such a long commute every day, you may wish you'd found a job closer to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment